[FWDLK] Gas and lead subject

Hi all,
  When I bought my 55 Plymouth 6 cylinder in 1989, I started using a lead
additive that I just put in each time I got gas.  Used 89 octane.  When I
had the engine rebuilt in 1995 I asked the rebuilder to put the hardened
seats in for me and when he got that far, he told me they were already
hardened seats in it and that was from the factory due to the fact that
the engine was never torn apart before that.  (engine rebuilt due to
broken top rings on all pistons and the two top rings on # 6 piston.  I
don't use an additive now and don't use anything less than 89 octane and
every once in a while give her a squirt of 91 or so octane.  Runs just
fine and one trip this year was to Maryland and it was a 700 mile round
trip.  By the way, my engine had 37,100 on it in 1989.  I think it had
around 45,000 when the engine was rebuilt and it has around 49000 on it
now.
  Thats my story on it
   Jack     55 Plymouth Belvedere

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]