[FWDLK] Cars & Parts 59 Sport Fury

I was thumbing thru the new issue of Cars & Parts, showing a 59 Sport Fury
convertible.  In the tradition of getting things wrong, the magazine hasn't
let us down.

The photos show a yellow car with blue interior.  Small problem, though:
the car is really white.  I saw this car at Macungie.  Obviously, a severe
color shift took place.  If you read the article, it even states that the
car is white.  Unfortunately, they call the color Glacier White when the
white for that year was Iceberg White.

They state that the car was equipped with a 45 rpm Highway HiFi, which was
'all the rage for '59'.  It also states that the Highway HiFi was available
starting in late '59, which contradicts the previous statement.  Also, I
have not come across any evidence that the 45rpm Highway HiFi was available
in '59 at all.  Maybe by late '59 they mean for the 1960 models !!

The photos of the engine show a 361 with dual quads.  While the 361 was
available for that year in the form of the Golden Commando, it was not
available with dual quads.  The engine was also painted red, when it should
be silver.  It would be nice if the magazine pointed out these
discrepencies.  Sometime in the near future, a Sport Fury owner will engage
a judge in a heated argument when he takes points off for an incorrect
engine color.  To prove his correctness, the car owner will whip out his
copy of Cars & Parts as 'proof' of his correctness.  This is where the
problems start.

Ron