Re: [FWDLK] head liner strips

Ron,
   I agree that the price for the strips sounds awfully steep, but if this is
an automotive supplier, I know from experience that it is a real challenge to
get something like this done.  They probably have to insert this "special" job
into regular production, where some whiney guy doesn't see why he should have
to dink around with parts they don't make anymore...probably pay him 6-8 hours
(including breaks, lunch, newspaper time, a couple of trips to the head, etc.)
to get 2 pieces of acceptable quality..probably is not a bad deal.  Sure beats
having to make do with old brittle leftovers.
   Might be a good idea for anybody who thinks they may need them soon to get
together, see how many pieces could be purchased, and I'll bet the unit cost
will come way down.
   The other thought would be to get together with a "Forward Look" friendly
supplier, and ask if they would ante up to buy a quantity, and then be our
official supplier... could be a win-win situation.
   Just my two cents worth....

   Take care, all
Steve