Re: [FWDLK] Dodge production #s

Deane Allinson <deane.allinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Monday November
16, 1998 at 11:10am:

>...Anyway the problem stems from the fact that few were made and
fewer still exist. My question is do any of you guys have any ref.
books that give production figures on a 60 polara, specifically the
>2 door hard top. All of my dad's and mine only reflect a total
production of 16,000 and change of all polara's, wagons, convt., all
sedans etc. I was just curious about how many were built to start
with. I am begining to think that a couple of my missing parts were
unique to 2 dr ht's.

This has made most of us crazy at one time or another.

For whatever screwy reason, while the other Chrysler divisions have
mostly been good about breakdown by model and body style, Dodge --
alone out of the five -- had a long period in the '50s and '60s where
all the available documentation I've found only lists series totals
and not body styles.

You should also know (if you don't already) that a lot of the '60
Dart stuff (Phoenix/Pioneer/Seneca) won't interchange with your car.
Best bet is to find a parts book and check numbers.  A '60 Dodge
Matador will have much in common with your Polara, but they were
(and are) rare as well.

Mike Sealey
As Long As I Breathe, Chrysler Will Live In My Heart....