[FWDLK] Engine Colors: 361

Boy - this subject has really stirred up some shtuff!!  Being the owner of
a 59 Sport Fury, I have a little interest myself. (Not for originality
purposes - the 318 4bbl left the engine bay in '76), and I'm sad to say I
can't even remember what color IT was!  Anyway, the only thing I have to
present to the list is this:  I have a copy of the Feb 1959 Motor Trend.
They have a write-up on the "big three" & road tests.  On page 27 there is
an engine bay shot - it is the 361 "Golden Commando" engine - that's easy
to tell (dist is in front), what's hard to tell is the color (since it's a
B&W photo), however - you can tell that the engine and the valve covers are
the SAME color.  A little bit of confusion though - the air cleaner (the
guy is holding it in his hand) appears to be black in color - if it's red,
it's an awfully dark shade.  Just thought I'd add this to the confusion.  I
hope I didn't send this previously - I think I sent it to someone
specifically.  If not, I apologize for wasting your time.  DaveG.