Re: [FWDLK] Back to it!

something funny, i just got back from the bookstore and picked up an issu of
cars + parts and see that the 59 references were made to is featured there,
and the car is from my home state too...  is the owner a list member?  the
engine was restored, since as everyone knows, the bolts were always painted
the same as engine along with the bases of most brackets.  noone on the
assembly line painted these parts separate...  and too, if a 58 intake was
added..  wouldnt that make it silver...  so someone down the road repainted
it.. red for the matter..  which i feel is correct for the 59 comando motor,
but the yellow covers?  maybe its similar to studebaker's approach, paint
chevy engine's valve covers yellow and call it a stude 283...
i'm just inquiring on this subject too...  the valances are body color, at
least the top 1 is, the bottom is a different shade of  yellow...  i thought
they were always argent, or was that only for belv's and plain fury's, which i
had w/argent.??

all considered, its a beautiful car and i'm sure the owner is happy, which is
all that matters to me.  hey, i'm even leaving my lower valance off cause i
think it looks good w/o it....

jim