[FWDLK] More Engine Color References

Hi Forward Lookers,

With all the spirited discussion about correct engine color for the 1959
Plymouth Sport Fury, I went to the November 1958 Hot Rod magazine. That
issue had a early road test of the Sport Fury with Golden Commando engine
and even air suspension.

Though black and white, the photos clearly show air cleaner and valve
covers that are of a lighter tone and kind of dull looking, leading me to
believe they must have been painted a metallic color. Can't see the
engine block well enough to say whether it is light or dark.

Actually, all of the possible engine colors that have surfaced during
this discussion sound great to me, but for historical reference it would
be good if a definitive color scheme could be established. Remember, one
of these days, say around 2030, some devoted new Forward Looker will
probably be asking similar questions. Wouldn't it be great if he...or
she...has the right answers?

Wishing I had a car with one of those colorful engine options,

Bruce in Tulsa