[FWDLK] Repo Lenses & Rechroming

While Surfing the net I found this to be some interesting information on lenses

   -----Original Message-----
       From: Here,There or Somewhere <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
       To: Philvener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Philvener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
       Date: Sunday, November 15, 1998 19:34
       Subject: lenses

      • Can a lens with chrome in it be redone, say the backup lens on a 55 Plymouth
Greetings  from California. Yes, we can reproduce ANY lens(tail, turn, park, dome, sidemark,
etc). Basically, we start with an original lens(damaged or faded is ok) and make a mold which will be
filled with a "liquid plastic" specifically for this purpose. All colours and textures will be correctly
duplicated assuring the OEM look. Unfortunately, we are not able to do plastic-chrome, however
after the lenses are completed there are several companies out there that can put on the chromestrip.
In most cases, the new lenses are superior to the original and are true showpieces. If you are able to
"borrow" the lens you need made from a friend who has an original this is the best way to go
although complete lenses have been created from pieces. I am conferring with people like yourself
because the craftsman is not online yet. Antique and vintage lenses can be hard to come by and
expensive. Lens reproduction prices start at $25. We don't do assembly housings however and it
should be noted that some jobs require a more detailed process and prices are adjusted accordingly
to guarantee the highest quality possible. All work is satisfaction guaranteed. I hope this gives you an
outline of the process. Any questions you may have will be welcome and replied to. Saving money is
sometimes worth the many steps along the way. Thanks,  Philvener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Mark and Don
55 Belvedere 2D, Ht. ..55 Belvedere Cv,... 55 Savoy 2D,... 53 Belvedere 2D, Ht....