[FWDLK] old memory

Hi all.  I would like to share a story.  When I was in college [20 years
ago !!] in Binghamton, N.Y. I found my first oldie- a 1955 Chrysler New
Yorker Deluxe. My roomates thought I was nuts, but I bought it for $800.
It ran fine, and I drove it fairly  regular. The following year I
happened to pass an old junk-yard on a back road and stopped for a look.
What caught my eye first was a 1929 Packard sedan in very good shape. It
had only surface rust and the owner swore with 1 hours work you can get
it running ! The price of $2500 was out of a college-kids range. Then I
spotted a rougher 1930 Chrysler sedan and guess what-I bought it for
$300. I put new tires on it, rented a tow hitch, and [ you won't believe
this ]  proceeded to tow it to my folks place on Cape Cod !!! That's
about 600 miles -- a 55 Chrysler pulling a derelict 30 Chrysler !!!
There's more-- just as I began my insane journey it began to snow. Hard.
A couple of hours down the road I spun around 180' and went off the
road- still hitched together.  A passing truck helped pull me out and on
I went.  There's more !  To be continued----