[FWDLK] Sorry

I think Dave was talking to me there.

I could've handled the references to that unfortunate period in German history
 more gracefully than I did.

It is actually my understanding that German industry histories in general spend
 as little time as possible on the years 1939-45.  I am told Daimler-Benz was
 actually only the second German company (I believe VW was the first) to publish
 a detailed history of their activity in the German war effort.  I would commend
 them for this.

I am also told that much of this history is incomplete, in no small part
 because, as Dave said, those people who were responsible have been gone for
 years. This, like the debates over B-block paint schemes (on a lighter note),
 makes the preservation of an accurate history imperative, warts and all.

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com