Re: [FWDLK] PAINT

Lars,
   The answer may be no farther than the nearest Earl Scheib!  I seriously
considered having them paint my Barracuda before deciding on a self-inflicted
paint job two years ago.  They have all kinds of different colors, including
metalflakes, starting under 200 bucks.  They'll use any paint you ask them to
for a $100 upcharge (tells you what their paint costs, huh?).  And it's a one-
step, with the clearcoat available for an extra $100.
   I checked it out since I worked at Schieb during the 29.95 days... and the
quality of the entire job has improved alot.
   Not a bad way to go if you don't want to dump $3-4K into paint.  High end
paint jobs are great for show cars, but for a driver... too many bicycles,
shopping carts, etc. for me.  I got plenty of reasons to get any ulcer
already.
   I personally chose lacquer, because I could do it myself, and I can fix it
myself if it gets dinged up.  I wanted to learn the newer stuff, but in two
days, I went from bare car to rubbed out and ready to roll.  I picked a calm
day, pushed the car out in the driveway, and shot it!  The lacquer dried fast
enough that I could pick the leaves and bugs out before the next coat!!
   One of these day's I'll have to tell you about what it was like at Earl
Schieb back in the $29.95 days!

Steve