[FWDLK] hood adjustment

The following is ver batim from my 1957 DeSoto manual.  The "strainer"
adjusting nut referred to is the lower inner nut on the hood-to-spring
bracket (viewed from hood open position).

HOOD FITS COWL LOOSELY - If one side of the hood gaps at the cowl and the
other side is too tight, adjust the strainers.  Loosen the diagonal
strainer bolts at rear strainer and the nuts on each end of rear strainer.
Equalizing the hood may result in the rear surface of the hood being higher
than the cowl surface.  If this happens, bend the diagonal strainers to
obtain correct fit.  To bend strainers, place an "S" hook over one of the
strainers.  Slide a pry bar about 30 inches long through the lower opening
of the "S" hook so that the end of the bar is hooked under the cowl.  Pry
gently on the strainers and check hook (NOTE   I THINK THIS SHOULD READ
HOOD) to cowl fit.  Prying down on diagonal strainer bends the rear lateral
strainer, which pulls down the contour of the rear edge of the hood.

Ed
57 Firedome