Re: [FWDLK] Mopar exports

Doesn't Fargo still exist somewhere?  The ID plate on my 78 Little Red Express and my D150 Pickup both include Fargo on the product listing along with Dodge Plymouth and DESOTO of all things!

----------
From:   Marko Lonngren[SMTP:marko.lonngren@xxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Wednesday, December 09, 1998 1:18 PM
To:     tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        Re: [FWDLK] Mopar exports

I have seen a 1959 factory photo from Plymouth line, I don't
remember where. There were many Plymouths in the rows, but I also
spotted at least two Dodge Kingsways on the background..

The serial number of my country manïs '61 DeSoto Diplomat Wagon
indicates, that fourth digit from the left is "4". That means the
car was manufactured in Dodge Main, Detroit.

I have seen in my own eyes 55,57,58,60,61 DeSoto Diplomats and
58,59 Dodge Kingsways. I have some photos of them.

Have seen Fargo trucks too! Some of the export DeSoto, Dodge and
Fargo trucks were built in KEW factory in Surrey, England. They were
smaller and different as real Dodge trucks built in U.S. But there
were also D-series DeSoto and Fargo trucks, they were rebadged Dodge
D-series. The 1961 was the final model year for DeSoto passenger
cars ONLY.

Mark
NDC #605
Finns like fins