[FWDLK] doomed fins

I had to go to Memphis the other day,so I stopped by a yard that someone told me about that had a "car just like mine" (you know that all finned cars are just like mine). It turned out that it was a
Dodge of the right year but wrong model for my needs. Anyway,
no one was at the yard and the gate was unlocked and no pitbulls
so I took a look around (the house next door said two brothers inherited the place and didn't know what to do with it). There were
quite a few fins in real rough and rusty shape.
2 - '60 pioneer & seneca sedans
2- '61 dodges
'56 coronet 2dr ht
'56 4dr Royal
'58 NY'er 4dr ht
etc. etc.  and a car that I want..  a '58 Custom Royal 2 dr ht.
With no one working there to part these out they are bound to be crushed in a short time. The land is becoming too valuable to be a Yard. Question ? when does a restoreable car become a parts car?
This one has no motor (must have been the big one), mashed in top and hood, and of course not much trunk or floor board, but
body is near complete. My wife will probably castrate me if I drag
up another car when I'm only 1/2 finished with the one I have now (I live in town, with a single garage) but I can't bare to see this car
suddenly disappear. After all some people turn 100 lbs of iron oxide into model T pickups. Are there any rational people out there to set me straight before I have to start singing soprano.
Deane (with drool on my chin)
60 polara