Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: A Plymouth By Any Other Name: Export Chryslers,

 ---- Steven M. Charette <SC68Cuda@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>...One nagging question keeps popping into my
> mind, though; Why bother with mixing and matching, renaming and rebadging?
> Why not just sell the cars abroad as they were sold here?

Steve,

My guess is there were foreign markets where the Plymouth name had less meaning
 than the others.  It's also possible that this was done to prop up Dodge and
 DeSoto sales in some foreign markets.  This was at a time when virtually all US
 MoPar dealers, including Dodge dealers, sold Plymouths, which probably had much
 to do with Plymouth grabbing the #3 U. S. sales slot so early and hanging on to
 it for so many years.  Other markets may have demanded other tactics.

Mike Sealey

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com