[FWDLK] driveshafts

The driveshaft on my 38 Ply pickup had been changed to a modern style when I
bot it tho it had a 56 Ply engine.
 Later I had one built for my 56 wagon since there was a vibration that I was
unable to track down.  A buddy had one built at local heavy duty truck shop
for $250.  I used a shop across the street and had it done for $200. but this
was in about 92.  They used truck joints (no not 4" diameter) and about a 2"
dia driveshaft.  No problems in 6+ years.  I just bought in the old driveshaft
and the measurement from face of back end of trans and the rear end flange.
When I finally disassembled the engine trans couple years later  for the major
resto  I found that there were no bolts in the flat mount under the tranny and
that  engine/tranny had shifted at the tranny end by about 2 inches- the
driveline had been running an a wierd angle all those years.  so much for the
vibration.
Am sure a decent rebuild will do U well, but its possible the conversion is
cheaper.
Where to have it built?  Ask some street rodders where they have theirs done,
or check around for large shops that do full rebulds of trucks.
Just dont get shafted ...
;o/

L.