[FWDLK] Tracking down car owner

Hey everyone!

Got a question for ya, hope someone knows something about this.  I
have found a perfect parts car that has everything my car is missing,
and its right here in town close by.  It is sitting behind a garage
where it was taken in 1976 for brake repairs.  They could not find a
master cylinder, and so there it sat (and sat and sat).  The owner of
the garage is not interested in getting ahold of the owner so that he
can sell it to me.  He also won't tell me who the owner is.

I have talked with Public Safety about tracking down the plates to
find the owner, but they said that I would have to find someone on
duty that was bored enough to track down and get info off of tapes of
the records from 1976.  I havn't found that person yet.

Is there another way of tracking down owners of cars registered in
1976?  It may actually be a year around that, but you get the idea.

Its rather frustrating, so close, yet so far...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-Shannon White
Shannon White                (254) 867-4830
              swhite@xxxxxxxx
INS, where termination isn't a bad thing...