From:   Jesus M. Jimenez[SMTP:chemnix@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Monday, December 21, 1998 10:50 PM
To:     tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [FWDLK] '55 Brakes

Does anybody know the best way to adjust the front brakes on the '55 Ply
for toe and heel?
I have removed the hubs no less than 5 times and I still have hard to
real soft pedal.
I have also bled the lines manually everytime I've adjusted them. Is
there a tool similar to the one suggested by the manual sold by somebody
somewhere that I might be able to get? It seems that the harder part is
adjusting the toe clearance because without a gauge one has to be
removing the darn drum to adjust the toe by trail and error. Eastwood
carries an adjusting caliper type of tool but I don't know how good it
is for these type of brakes. Thanks!

Jesus - '55 Ply Belvedere