[FWDLK] Title Services?

Hi folks,
Am considering purchasing a '56 Suburban 2 door to be a companion to my '56
 Fury.  However, no title!  I see
title services advertised in Old Cars weekly, Hemmings, and even a listing every
 day in local Salt Lake
newspaper.  Anyone have any experience with these services.  How "legal" are
 they?  If they are good bets,
what do they require from new owner? i.e., bill of sale? must be notarized? VIN
 plate info? Cost?

Utah complicates process for its own titles as they issue a title only to a car
 that passes inspection and is
currently registered.  Like, my Fury under resto (and not running) since I
 purchased, so I have to wait until its
done to even get title transferred from previous owner to my name!!  Does this
 approach complicate my above
question?

Thanking you in advance for your input?  Love all the discussions on wheels,
 engine colors, ignition upgrades,
etc!  Learn something everyday.

Jack Lewis
Golden Fin Society