[FWDLK] Anti-sway bars

  All,

  Almost all of the high end cars (Imp., Chry., etc.) have a front sway
bar.
  I removed the bar and frame brackets from a '58 Saratoga to use on a '58
  Plymouth. I cut the frame out where the index tabs were welded on, ground
  away the Chrysler frame remains and welded them to the Plymouth frame.
The
  rest was all bolt on. (World of difference in handling.) A rear bar is
not
  totaly necessary unless you are doing some heavy duty driving. (Like a
cop
  car or a getaway car.) Sway bars do not do much of anything for straight
  road driving. They only work when the car starts to roll as in a turn and
  help to keep the tires on the road. An aftermarket rear bar may work out
  best. Heating and bending or cutting and welding will only result in a
  series of broken bars. (Similiar to welding a broken torsion bar.)

  Larry Stanley