Re: [FWDLK] Hood spring color

Hi to all and Happy New Year belated.
   The hood springs on my 55 Plymouth, I painted silver and took them off
the hood hinge.  I then made a tool to expand the spring and painted
them.  It worked out great.
   Its good to be back and I'm trying to read all the 206  or so E-mails.

Jack    55 Plymouth Belvedere

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999 08:09:28 EST "Steven M. Charette" <SC68Cuda@xxxxxxx>
writes:
>David,
>        Good question about the hood springs... they must have held
>them open or
>something...
>        I read a good article a while back about how some of the
>suspension parts and
>other brackets were painted; by dipping.  The article told how to
>simulate the
>dipping process, by floating the paint on top of water in an
>appropriately
>sized jar or bucket, then slowly dipping the part down through, then
>out, then
>hanging it to air dry.  I'll dig around and see if I can find the
>article and
>send copies to those interested.
>        Any input on the springs?  Chances are they had some slick
>trick...
>
>Steve

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]