Re: [FWDLK] Frame paint

"Rimington, Ken" wrote:

> Hello forward lookers.  Some frame painting questions.  I have my frame
> sandblasted and ready for final clean and paint.  In cleaning up the
> steering linkages, king pin, etc., I discovered that they came from the
> factory without paint.  There was some type of thin clear coating.

Was this Nyalac?  The clear coating often found on cast iron?  I don't mean
Cosmoline, which is temporary, but Nyalac.  I think it's been around for years.
You can still get it through Eastwood.

> Any recommendations for parts source for oil and grease seals for the rear
> end.  The rubber in my grease seals has shrunk such that there is no contact
> with the axle.

If anyone needs to look up seals, just check through your parts book and get me
the Chrysler part number for the seal.  I have several cross-reference catalogs
at home, and nearly every seal seems to be available.  Example:  Front and rear
torqueflite seals, through Kanters: $40.  Through Pep Boys: $9.50  Seals go by
size and shape, which makes them easy to match up.

-Dave