[FWDLK] Frame paint

Hello forward lookers.  Some frame painting questions.  I have my frame
sandblasted and ready for final clean and paint.  In cleaning up the
steering linkages, king pin, etc., I discovered that they came from the
factory without paint.  There was some type of thin clear coating.  What
color is recommended for these parts?  I am thinking that painting them
black like the frame is best.  are there any opinions?

After evaluating the options, I think POR 15 is the best approach for frame
paint.  I do not buy into the paint over rust concept.  That is why I had my
frame sandblasted.  The tenacious bond of POR 15 to bare steel is the
selling factor.  I think it will be much less affected by rock chips.  The
semigloss top coat seems to take care of the UV light sensitivity problem.

Any recommendations for parts source for oil and grease seals for the rear
end.  The rubber in my grease seals has shrunk such that there is no contact
with the axle.  Also, how do you pull the rear axles in a 1956 Dodge?  The
shop manual says to use tool 499, but there is no picture of that tool.  I
think you remove the rear drum and brake mounting plate and then use a tool
that presses against the axle flange and uses the hub retaining nut to apply
pressure to the bearing race.  I am concerned that this method may damage
the rollers in the bearing.  Thought I had better ask before screwing up my
rear end.

 Thanks for the help.