Re: [FWDLK] 56 Plymouth tech problem

My armchair diagnosis is the fuel delivery system. If you're sure the tubes
are OK from tank to pump to carb, then try bypassing the fuel pump with an
electric one or replacing the mechanical one. They go bad anyway, and are
cheap enough...

If the fuel system is perfect, then you may have a wiring problem that lets
the wire to the coil short out somehow when the tranny is put into gear.
Maybe behind the selector?

Good luck.