Re: [FWDLK] "Posi" Rear End?

s scott <kneedrager@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Wednesday February 3, 1999
at  6:24am:

>Also I think that "posi" is a GM term and "limited slip" is the Mopar
>term for the same thing, can anyone set me straight on this.

"Posi", or "Positraction", is specifically a Ch#vy term; other GM
divisions originally used other names.  (I believe P#nt@*c used
"Safe-T-Track"; don't remember the others.)  GM didn't even have it
first!  That honor goes to Packard, who called it "Twin Traction"...

The MoPar Madison Avenue name for a limited slip differential (correct
technical term regardless of manufacturer) is "Sure-Grip".

Mike Sealey

|               http://www.goplay.com - it's time to Go Play!              |