Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Plymouth SW for sale

Dave Stragand wrote:

> I spoke to this gentleman last night to get further details about the
> car. Here's a few points.
>
> - Car runs and drives okay.  It was last registered 5 years ago but he
> "runs it up and down the road every once in a while" to keep it from
> getting storage-stiff.
> - It's a 2-door.  He wasn't sure whether it was a Deluxe, Custom, or
> Sport Suburban. I know that rules one of the models out, but I forgot to
> check out which.  Anyway, the trim is "just one long straight piece
> right down the side".
> - The powertrain is a 6 cyl w/a 3-speed manual trans.
> - Some rust... front corners of the floorpans and on the tailgate.
> - Interior is really nice
> - Car has been stored outside
> - Red w/ white roof.
>
> He didn't sound too firm on the price, either.  I think he would take a
> little less for it.  I for one would grab it for a swap-meet mobile, but
> I can't get it 3500 miles to Pittsburgh very easily.  If anyone's
> looking for a wagon, though, this might be a nice ride.
>
> -Dave
>
> "Rauen, Timothy P" wrote:
>
> > Found this in the Boeing classifieds:
> >
> > Autos - Cars: 1958 Plymouth 2dr Station Wagon
> >  Price:1000. obo
> >  Date Posted: 1/8/99
> >  Runs Excellent, Needs restoration, 77,000 actual miles.
> >  Boeing Location
> >  WA Puget Sound
> >  Contact Information
> >  Dolen
> >  253-863-2093

Well, I went and looked at this 58 2 door wagon today. It is a Suburban. It
is red.... what I call Krylon red. It looks as if it's been spray painted.
If this guy does drive it up and down the road, he does it Fred Flintstone
style! The gas pedal is in the back seat. It fell through the floor. The
floor in front is just plain gone. Plus it would only run for about 15
seconds at a time. The flat six has been painted blue. Intake, white. The
engine was painted while still in the car.... I don't think it's ever been
out.  The front seat is in the back of the wagon. But I'm pretty sure that
the milk crate that is in place of the seat goes with the car. LOL! The
upholstery is....... bad. It has been recovered but is a very poor job that
was probably done years ago. It looked like the right side behind the door
has been hit and repaired but it a bad repair job. Same with the right front
fender. There is rust in the lower fenders but the front of them are solid.
The headlight trim rings are gone as is a few pieces of side trim. Brakes
are bad also. All in all, it is a restorable car. But it needs everything.
It's not one that you could very easily drive with just brakes and such. The
glass was all good, not tinted. The tailgate is pretty bad rust wise. If
anyone out there wants any more info on it.... let me know. I looked it over
pretty good.
Don.