[FWDLK] 383cid 59-62ish

I am just curious but....does anyone know why the HP ratings of the 383cid
engine all over the board between 59 and 62? As in '59 Desoto 325/350 and
Dodge 320/345. Then '61 with Dodge 325/330 and Plymouth 325/340 ? Dodge
used Carter, Strom.,and Holley all during the same year on different models
so the brand of carb shouldn't be the difference. Was it the trans? or what?
Also the 59 had a dual carbs front to back and the 60's used the
crossram,(D500)
so if the factory ratings are less HP then why use a more expensive setup
with less HP (other than there pretty cool looking)? Or are all the #'s just
B.S..
anyway?
Deane