Re: [FWDLK] radiator shroud

Clay,

After looking again at my '57 Dodge 325cid D500s with
factory air they both do have six blade fans and one has a
1.75" wide metal fan shroud.  My '57 325cid Red Rams
(non-hemi, non air) both have four blade fans.

It could be that the hemi made more difference than the air
or maybe the combination of hemi and air determined the six
blade fan and perhaps the plant ran out of shrouds the day
that car was assembled?? Who knows?

Brian

Clay Wood wrote:

>There's a strong possibility to that. I just figured that they (being
>Chyrsler
>engineers) would have made a standard for cars with more options a
>better way
>to cool them off. But from what I've gathered, only the larger cubic
>inch
>engines were the ones to recieve better cooling equipment. But a six
>blade on
>a 325.. hummm... sounds like where ever your car was made they did it
>right!
>Congratulations! Now if only I can find the same for mine. Granted I
>have
>never had an overheating problem as of yet, but most asuradly dont want
>take that chance either! Till then, take care and thanks for the
>response!

Clay

Clay Wood wrote:

> << Jack Luiten wrote:
>
>  > did 58 plymouths come with radiator shrouds? ive never seen one but
would
> like
>  > one to avoid overheating when in traffic at car shows.
jack

Date:Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:56:22 -0500
From: Ron Waters <Ronbo97@xxxxxxxx>

Fan shrouds were available for 55-56 mopars either with or
without a/c.
For
57-58, they were available only if you had air.  The  part
number for
57-58
upper and lower set is 1686463.  There is also a bumper that
is
associated
with the lower shroud.  This info is in the parts book.

Ron