Subject: '62 into '59?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:39:22 +0000
From: 62-65mopar@mail.geocities.com
To: 1962to1965mopars@listbot.com

1962 - 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse -
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3306/

Hello all,

Here's one that crosses accross some of Virgil Exner's years.  :-)

My friend tells me he has a 413 out of a 1962 Imperial. The 413 is
now in his 1959 Chrysler Saratoga.  The 413 is  bolted up to the
transmission that was behind the original 383 in his 1959
Chrysler.

The transmission shift cable is from the '62 Imperial; the
transmission is the original '59 unit that was behind the '59 383.

None of the pushbuttons in the '59 seem to engage, i.e., the '59 is
stuck in neutral. You push a button and it pops back out.

The'59 is in process of restoration and this is the first time the 413
has run in many years.

Any tips as to what he should check on the trans./ buttons/ cable to
get the '59 drivin' down the road again?

Thanks,
Gary H.