[FWDLK] "57-'58 Brakes

In responding to the following:

So what ever happend to the fellow who was planing to install one of those
mustang front end kits to his.......... wasnt it a 58 plymouth Bellvedere or
fury........ streetrod? I seem to remember him saying he'd keep us updated. Im
real interested in having some real disk brakes (the power brakes on my Belle
just scare the hell out of the wife though their doing fine- this is a driver
not a show car, actually a mild (very mild mind you) - that means that
externally were giving her her classic look but with a few small idiosycrasies
like 14 inch wheels, whoda thought the hubcaps still fit perfectly?) anyway
does anyone or the fellow himself have any information as to his progress?
thanx,.............uplate with a minor cold, ric.

Although I don't have any information on the above swap, that sounds a little
involved (mustang IFS into a Forward Look MOPAR), I recently made a "brake
improvement" that has proven successful on a similar car.

Wanting to improve the brakes on a '58 Plymouth "Silver Special" cruiser (331
Fire-Power, bubble skirts, low-rider) I found that the whole spindle from a
late model Volare front end practically "bolts into" the early Mopar
suspension.  The actual length of the spindle was less than 1/4 inch different
(short) than the original Plymouth spindle.  After rebuilding the front end
suspension, installing the used spindles complete with disc-brakes, replacing
the original master cylinder with a late model dual bowl disc-brake master
cylinder and adjustable proportioning valve, the car brakes better than it
ever did.  The alignment was adjusted accordingly, and the car handles
(brakes) better.  The hemi of course, does affect the handling ability, but
it's the price you pay for being able to "pop" the hood and see people's eyes
bug out!   It's kinda like "wall to wall" carpet....... except it's all MOPAR
MOTOR!

Note:  I bought the WHOLE Volare car for $150.00  including the "un-boltable"
disc-brake front end street rodders like to use so much as well as a good
83/4" rear end.  What a deal!

Has anyone else tried a "swap" like this???

Charles Grant
'58 Fury
'58 Plaza Silver Special