[FWDLK] venders & car shows

I attended a car show in Raleigh over the weekend and as usual 90% of show
cars were not MOPARS & venders were selling parts etc for "F--- & CH---"
(can't write words). However I found in a small area a few MOPAR parts.
After a few minutes the vender and I talked a little about how few MOPAR
items were offered at the show.  It was than that he said he is having more
success selling on EBAY than going to the shows. I explained my experience
with EBAY was less than successful because the last second bidding process
always out bid my last offer.  He was selling rear lenses for 57 & 58
Plymouths for $7 a pair at the show but had just gotten $35 for a pair on
EBAY.  He is seriously thinking of not going to shows and doing all his
busness on EBAY.  I guess if venders spend less time going to shows and more
on the web guys like myself who are looking for that one or two parts will
not see them at shows and if this example is an indicator the ability to
find a good deal will be reduced.  EBAY and other web sites may be a good
place to sell but I am not convinced it is good for all buyers especially
those who want to see items before they buy.  Sure hope selling on the web
and not attending car shows is not a trend for all venders.

Just some thoughts from North Carolina

Harry
57 & 58 Plymouths in NC