[FWDLK] My Adventures at Doc's Junkyard..

[FWDLK] My Adventures at Doc's Junkyard..

Just wanted to write you all a little note about my adventure this weekend
through DrMoPar440's (Wendell) junkyard.

I must say, if all yard owners were as pleasant to deal with and as helpful as
Doc, eBay, parts finders, parts locators, and catalogs would become obsolete!

I took the 3 = hour drive from Houston to just outside the little town of
Lockhart to Dr. MoPar's yard of goodies.  Although getting there seemed to
take forever, every mile was WELL worth the trip. I started the day out a
6:30am and arrived at Doc's place around 15 minutes to 10. It had just rained
here and the wind was moving fast enough the some of the older parts cars in
the yard threatened to give up their ground and once again move around. At the
front gate of the yard is an old farm house, complete with the leaded glass
windows, and leaning porch. I got out of the truck and started my way up to
the house when Doc came out and invited me in. What a place! The walls were
covered with license plates from all over and from all years. Hubcaps could be
found hiding out all over as well from all sorts of cars. Then there was Doc's
office. It's contents consisted of a computer, manuals, interchange books, and
parts. Lots of parts.

After a little small talk and a friendly introduction, it was off to the yard
to see what treasures could be found. I initially went up to Doc's to get a
back seat for the Belvy (springs on the original were shot) and wound up
finding other pieces I didn't expect to find.

First thing you notice when you enter Doc's yard is that all the different
years of cars are categorized in separate area's, making finding the car and
part that you need even easier. Although the 50's car area wasn't enormous,
Doc assures me that it will grow. And as far as the cars that are there, a
wealth of parts can be found. The place was truly fantastic, but the icing in
the cake was Doc's friendly and helpful personality and being.

Just a hint of the things I find while there: The correct booster for my car
(Kelsey Hayes bellows style, I might use every now and then, but will rely
mainly on the canister style). Lug bolts, complete rear seat, and an air
cleaner from an old Cadillac (the UFO kind with the side scoops, very cool).
Pictures of my finds to follow on the page, shortly. For a pull it yourself
job, the price for all my items was unbelievably low as well as the condition
of the parts being very good.

Sorry this was a little lengthy, but I figured Doc deserves to get a little if
not a lot of credit for the great place he has and is building. He is planning
on specializing in strictly MoPar from all years and will cater to us, the
Forward Look crowd as well. My hats off to you Doc! Great parts and a great
place to visit. Thanks again!

Till next time ..
Clay

PS, updates to my page should be there tonight. Gonna stay late and try and
get some much need work done to it. Thanks again for all the submitted
pictures and vote on the stickers. Hopefully very soon here I will be getting
the stickers back and being mail each of you back on amount and where to mail.
Thanks again and have a great week people!