[FWDLK] 57 Fury engine

Hi guys. My engine (FP31 V-800) is now in the machine shop.
What I need is to be able to talk with someone who has actually/or is,
inside the guts of a 57 Fury 318 engine. Seems the second engine that I
imported from the USA, (The first one was not even a 318, and had a
forged engine number!), has had someone mucking around with the
combustion chambers, with a grinder. Also the pistons are not domed, as
I have read many times in literature.
Any helpful mechanics/engine rebuilders/smart-cookie owners out there in
Forward Look Land able to offer accurate advise on what is CORRECT for
the internals of a Fury 318, keeping compression ratios etc stock?
Appreciate any info, or contact details via phone/snail mail/any way to
contact someone who is on to it in regards a factory 57 Fury engine.
Thanks.
Glenn.
New Zealand.