Re: [FWDLK] Door/Window handle Tool

joe frega wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> Being pretty new to this, I'm sure this is a stupid question (unless
> you believe that there are no stupid questions).
>
> Can anyone tell me where to locate the tool to remove the inside
> handles on a 56 Belvedere?

Joe:

Don't waste your time looking for the right tool or even try to make
one--The dimensions are too
small and it will be frustrating--I ran into the same problem, but it is
actually easy.
The door panels push up against the handles as a result of a spring
located between the door and the panel. Depress this spring by pushing
the door panel away from the handle by applying an even pressure around
the handle seat until you see the handle shaft. It might take a little bit
of leverage to do this depending on the state of your door panels-  But if
you do it carefully you will not damage the panels and you might even be
able to see the spring lock hugging the handle shaft. Use a small screw
driver or or slightly slender curved metal pointer and push out the
locking spring.  You might need someone to assist you in depressing the
door panels while you push out the handle spring lock.
Jesus