Re: [FWDLK] door handle tool
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [FWDLK] door handle tool

This is also known as a GM door handle/window crank removal tool. I have
used it unmodified to hold back the door panel while using a screwdriver on
the clip. Costs about 2 bucks.

Dave Homstad

At 09:04 AM 3/21/99 EST, you wrote:
>There is a flat tool, about 2" wide and 6" long, sold at varous auto parts
>stores in a shrinkwrapped package.  Its maybe  20 ga sheet metal, dark in
>color for rust protection, and the end is a large U shape, ie, has a 1" or
>such wide opening to push this tool into the door handle.
>U cant use it this way.  U have to bend a couple tabs UP then they can push
>against the clip on the door handle.
>this is the best I can do, it works u just have to improvise.  If I can make
>it work so can U!!!!!
>good luck

Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network