[FWDLK] wire wheels

Is anyone out there interested in acquiring a set of reproduction Mopar
wire wheels at a discount price?

You have probably seen Mopar wire wheels being advertised in Hemmings.  The
wheels being sold by Kanter and by Willies are 56-spoke wheels.  The
original Chrysler/DeSoto wheels were 52-spoke and the Plymouth/Dodge wheels
were 48-spoke.  So these are not what I would call "reproduction".  Kanter
wants $1300 plus shipping for 4 wheels + 4 caps and Willie wants $1295 for
4 wheels + 4 caps, shipping included.  Not cheap either!

Wheel Vintiques of Fresno, CA has the correct 52-spoke Chrysler/DeSoto
wheels and 48-spoke Plymouth/Dodge wheels.  A friend of mine bought a set
for his '55 New Yorker convertible and they look fabulous!  The rims and
hubs are chrome-plated and the spokes are polished stainless steel.  The
caps are exact copies of the originals.  These wheels are correct on the
'53 to '56 models, but will fit all Forward Look Mopars (as well as many
earlier and later years).

So here's the deal.  The Wheel Vintiques regular price is $1159 for 4
wheels + 4 caps but if we put together a significant order we can get a
discount of up to 20%.  That means the price could go as low as $927 a set
plus shipping.

I am not in any way connected with Wheel Vintiques.  My only interest in
this deal is to get a set of wheels at a good price!

Please e-mail me at bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you are interested.

Robert Bishop
'55 Plymouth