Re: [FWDLK] fighting the battle

And more...it was the K platform that was used to develop
the first of the minivans that actually saved the company
financially.  Any DC decision that may be made to keep or
drop specific models will not be made on the basis of
nostalgia - guaranteed.  Even in a company solidly populated
and managed by "car guys", fond memories won't cut it. The
new 300 is hot in the market now but if it slips....

In today's car market if a car can't pay its way it won't be
around very long.  Even general money made the decision to
drop "98", "88", & "Riviera" and it's not over yet.  Camaro
and Firebird are on a very hot seat.  At Ford we have all
heard of the possibilities with Mercury and have watched the
"T Bird", "Continental" and "MK VIII" bite the dust.

(At any of the companies the names may return resurrected on
a different platform).

Today, as always it's about Money!

Brian