[FWDLK] Hello Out There

Hello everyone,
I am a brand new subscriber (and new to old cars as well).  My name is
Joe Frega and I'm from the Chicago area (Geneva, Illinois).

In my younger days, our family had a 1956 Fury, a 1958 Plaza, a 1959
Fury, and a 1963 Belvedere.

And...my second car (first was a 56 caddy) when I was still 16 was a
1960 Fury (white/blue int. 361,torque flight of course)  After
Vietnam, first car was a new 1969 SuperBee.  So you can see I'm no
stranger to Mopars.

I recently purchased a 56 Belvedere, 4 door sedan, red/white,
black/eggshell interior, V8, push button, with 67,000 and in pretty
good shape.  I have a 15 year old son who has a great love for fins
and was wanting a 57 chevy.  I started bringing home classic car sale
books and it didn't take long for him to fall for the Mopar fins.

To make a long story short, we are now working on it together for fun,
bonding, learning, pride in ownership (hopefully he'll drive more
carefully) etc., etc.  It has been fun so far and my son Jason is
really looking forward to driving it when he gets his permit and
license.  I've sent away for a ton of parts books and even ordered
some material from SMS (and now I'm reading a lot of goods and bads
about them from recent postings)  So far, my material is a week
overdue!

The plan is that it will be a "driven" car, maybe put away in the
winters (maybe not) and he'll be a hit with all the girls.  That's the
plan!!!

Although the car is pretty solid, we'll need lots of little things
(too many to ask for now) but if anyone out there has a 56 parts car,
I'm sure we could use a bunch of stuff.  I'll post a specific "wanted"
list later on.

Well, I guess this is what an "introduction" looks like.  Thanks for
listening.  I'm sure I'll be meeting a lot of great people through the
"ForwardLook", after all, aren't all "old" Mopar owners great people???
email:  joefrega@xxxxxxxxx

Bye for now.
Joe (and Jason)
56 Belve