[FWDLK] brake lights

The number one rule in light wiring is that if you have unrelated lights
coming on or going out when others are switched on you have a bad ground
circuit. Most likely place is the tail ilght grounds but I'd double
check the headlight grounds too. If the bulbs aren't grounded then they
will see positive voltage on both sides of the element and won't light.
That is actually how a charge indicator light works for those who
wondered. This is not a maybe or an I think so but is cold hard fact. I
would repair all the grounds first and clean up all the bulbs and
sockets while I was at it . If the brake light comes on by itself that
could be the breath port or compensating port is plugged in the master
cylinder in which case it would be wise to have it overhauled or
replaced . I wouldn't totally rule out the switch though and would check
it as well. Also make sure the pedal isn;t sticking down a bit. Pull it
back with your toe and see if the brake lights goes out. It may need a
spring replaced or an adjustment.
DOn DulmaGE