[FWDLK] Trim removal

Quick question on trim removal.  The door panels are already off, so I have
fairly easy access to the nuts holding the side trim on.  I have started on
the drivers door and found that the nuts actually hold a plate in place that
the trim slides onto.  My question is, should I take these right off or just
loosen them?  They start to spin after they get loose.  I would need another
person outside the car with pliers to hold them if I need to take them right
off(?)  Are there any tricks to getting the rest of the trim off between
these plates where it looks like a push pin type of system is used?  The
inside of the door is slightly coated like it might have been undercoated,
should I try to scrape around those pins a little or will they pop right
off?

Also, any method or madness to which order the trim should come off?

The car goes in for paint on Monday and I want to get as much as possible
off the car.

Thanks,
See ya,  Joe.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5768
99 GMC Sierra K1500 SLE Z71 4x4 Ext Cab Shortbed 5.3L Blue/Pewter.
55 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr Club Coupe V8 Auto Red/Black Sport Tone.
http://www.infopage.com/plymouth/