[FWDLK] Found this restorable 62 Chry. New Yorker, need advice

[FWDLK] Found this restorable 62 Chry. New Yorker, need advice

I realize this is not an FWDLK car but it is close, and pretty damn cool. I
always did love those C-bodys' like the 300 series and the imperials from the
early sixties, late fifties. They're like Exner cars minus the fins. Nice
Styling. The one Im looking at has a  good body (needs new front bumper
only), some pretty heavy rust in the rocker panels w/holes, need replacing,
water damage (interiors been exposed to the elements a good bit) and the
interior is in some pretty sad shape in some ways, ex.- no carpet, seat
benches need serious replacement, but the backs are fine, the headliner
replaceable, the dash is almost OK (a little cracking), steering wheel is
recoverable. And the power steering leaks a little, and a leek (thats leak ,
not the vegetable, anyone for soup?lol) in the radiator. Almost everything is
working or you can hear its motor running at least. Windows are off there
tracks a bit. Its all there just needs serious TLC. OH, yeah all lights work
except the headlights, how hard can that be to track down? Im being asked to
pay about $750 (not gelders, lol) for her, Im pretty much committed here to
buying her. But I think Im gonna offer $500. Is that about right? I dont want
to rip them off either ya know, being a good forward look guy, oh yeah, the
steering wheel has mold on it? and much of the side paneling too but I think
that can be cleared up. This mold on the plastic covering the steering wheel
is really strange to me, looks like its in the plastic, please advise on that
too. So is it a good deal at 750, or 500. Is it collectable (i.e.-resalable
if I restore her) Oh, and I notice I seem top be becoming addicted to this
restoration Idea/car thing is there a clinic for that? lol.........ric