[FWDLK] NOS shocks

On 5/25 Glenn Barratt <FURY@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need to locate and purchase some correct looking shock
absorbers.
> I can only find 1999 Monroe shock absorbers for sale in this
hick town.

Give these folks a try:

     The Shock People
     Vintage Tube Shocks
     765 NE 70th Ave.
     Ankeny  IA  50021

     (888) 6-S-H-O-C-K-S
     (515) 289-0270

About a year ago, I paid $108.00 (including shipping) for 4-NOS
oil-filled 'Goerlich' brand shocks for my A-body.  Good folks;
free returns.

You might also try:

     Vintage Auto Parts, Inc.
     24300 HWY. 9
     Woodinville  WA  98072

     (800) 426-5911

     (206) 486-0777 Voice
     (206) 486-0778 Fax
     Mon. - Sat.  8 AM - 5 PM PST

My old catalogue gives the following prices:

     Original type - $39.50 ea.
     Super heavy duty - $59.90 ea.
     Any gas charged type - $49.50 ea.

Good luck and let us know what you eventually turn up.

Charles Gaertner
'61 Lancer 770
'The Black Dahlia'