[FWDLK] shox for our finned friends

Shox are usually quite easy to find unless when judging the experts take
their flashlight out and verify the model numbers of the shocks-  and we know
they got enough to do as is without that silly thought!
In other words, simply go to your local auto parts store and chat with that
clerk you have built a friendly relationship with and have him look in his
catalog of the brand of shock you desire, for one with the appropriate
specifications-thus----
Pull one of your shocks you want to replace and with the shock in the upright
position, measure the total length extended.  Now compress and measure that
length. (remember U can compress the shock easier if U turn it upside down.
That also will expel any trapped air if its an old standard shock. BUT U
never extend or pull that shock in the upside down position cause it may pull
air into it...)  OK now-  You can measure diameter too but better to make a
templete of that (*@#(*&$(@#$& hole in lower A arm that many front Mopar shox
must go thru.
Usually the end with a grommet is standard, if not U may need to select from
the several options available.
NOW that friendly clerk can check his master list and give you a selection of
perhaps a half dozen appropriate models.
OH NO  you say, Its gotta be for my 19XX Viper.
OH NO I say, for most older coil spring double A arm V8 rear wheel drive
cars, the aforementioned shock should do a fine job.
Done it before, will do it again.
And U can easily fit modern gas charged shox with this method.
All 4 corners of my 56 wagon were fitted this way.  And the rear of my 41.
I did have to use a large washer for the bottom front fitment since the
selected shock had its tabs at a slightly smaller spacing.
Note I believe the desired shock(s) will come from a mid 60's thru mid 70's
Nova or Chevelle or similar GM product.....
AND
no mo Chryco Floating Ride but a slightly firmer yet controlled ride.
Kanter FORGET IT.
I had front shox from Kanter for my 56, made in MExico, and the front chromed
piston rods started rusting in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!  At least they took em back
and I got a refund.
ROtsa Ruck, but you really wont need it if you use this procedure.
L.