[FWDLK] Bumper Question

Hi to all, hope everyone got some parade and/or cruise miles this past
Memorial Day.

Question:   Jason and I have two 56 Belvederes and they have diferent
rear bumpers.  My first reaction was to think that someone changed one
but in looking at all the old 56 sales flyers, etc., I find pictures of
Belvederes with both styles of rear bumper.  I can find no
diferentiation beween 2dr, 4dr, hartop, sedan, etc. Seems pretty weird.
 I thought maybe they did a mid year change- or -this was special trim
package - or a "silver special" (whatever that is) or ???

Can anyone shed any light on this issue??  One rear bumper matches the
front bumper (from the side view) one is distinctly different (wider
and forward angled, from the side view).  Thanks in advance for your
help.

Joe (and Jason)
56 Belvedere(s)