[FWDLK] Modifications?

I'm curious....I'm a hot rodder at heart, and have modified all my old
Chevys.  I just got this 56 Plymouth convertible, and I'm contemplating what
to do with it.  If I build it, it would be a driver, probably for my wife
more than me.  I would like it to have decent (preferably disc) brakes, and
be relatively easy to work on, meaning a more modern tranny, rear axles,
etc.  I also wouldn't mind if it sat a little bit lower, and perhaps have
some interesting wheels, and definitely radial tires.

How do you'all feel about such modifications?  I already know that a couple
guys on the list have "non-original" stuff on their Forward Look cars.  Is
it kosher to discuss how to do these mods on the list?  Will the purists get
upset?  I'm new at this list, so I just wanted to know...besides, this kind
of question usually brings quiet people out of the woodwork, with some
interesting answers   :)

How about it?

Jim
Jim Forbes                                    jforbes@xxxxxxxxxxxx