[FWDLK] Restoration Quality Control

There has been some correspondence lately on quality control during
restoration.  I have a question and opinion.

There are some slapped-together features common in forward look cars.
The rear trunk has but joints and below and to the rear of the doors are
lapped joints.  These are unsightly and cheap looking.  I think leading
them in and blending contours is a good idea during a restoration
project.  This not only looks better, but helps to discourage rust in
joints.

Are there any opinions on these issues?