Re: [FWDLK] starter vs generator.

Hi guys:  The starter is used very little compared to the generator
which runs all the time the engine is running.  If the starter is used
30 -40 seconds, that's a lot. Being an old timer, the phrase "throw
solder" is right on.  If the starter is in good condition is will last
a long time.  Just do it..... Gerry  300F

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:16:51 EDT Lars Larson 56 Plymouth
<LARSPAINTR@xxxxxxx> writes:
>In a message dated 98-06-11 00:09:43 EDT, you write:<< I think it can
>over
>heat and "throw out the solder". I believe that's the phrase the old
>timers
>use. >>
>
>Supposedly so.  Also its the same reason U change the starter motor
>when going
>from 6 to 12 v so the old one will not spin faster than design speed.
>But
>think a lot of folks just use t he old one til it burns out- IF it
>does or
>will.
>
>L.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]