Re: [FWDLK] one mo time electrics

Lars Larson 56 Plymouth wrote:

> In a message dated 98-06-11 00:09:43 EDT, you write:<< I think it can over
> heat and "throw out the solder". I believe that's the phrase the old timers
> use. >>
>
> Supposedly so.  Also its the same reason U change the starter motor when going
> from 6 to 12 v so the old one will not spin faster than design speed. But
> think a lot of folks just use t he old one til it burns out- IF it does or
> will.
>
> L.

Shouldn't be a problem.

Twenty years ago I had a 46 CJ2A which was converted to 12 volts and had
the original 6 volt starter, which lasted five years at which time the
Jeep was sold with no starter problems at all, and this included using
the starter to move the Jeep over dificult terrain at times.

Bill