[FWDLK] throwing the solder

I have made the 6 to 12 conversions in about a dozen rigs over the years and
the only problem
I have ever had with a starter was trying to find replacement brushes after
3 years of use
(the old beast was tired when I did the conversion), the solder problem has
more to due with
speed of rotation in the generator than the 6/12 part. One of the reasons
everone went to 12 volts
originally was because of the ability to use smaller wire therefore less
cost per car, I know its
only a small amount of savings, but when you multiply that by number of unit
sold per year it
comes to a tidy little sum that the car manufacturers save every year.
Jim