Re: [FWDLK] parts book - copying

The 55-56 Parts Book I have claims no copyright at all and has no notice of
any copyright or reservation of rights.  Under the Copyright Act as it
existed in 1955, does that mean Chrysler forfeited rights?  Also, what
would Chryslers legal damages be if someone where to copy a book they no
longer sell and have zero interest in republishing?  Would a Court be
motivated to enter judgment and impose damages on a copier that made a
couple dozen copies for zero profit?  Would Chrysler be motivated to bring
an action in Federal Court that would cost them a minimum retainer of $250K?

Richard Main
Attorney-at-Law
(Intellectual Property)